Be part of the hottest vocal ensemble around! Vocal Music/Glee is an opportunity to hone your pitch, harmonization and vocalization as well as performance techniques. Led by professional artists, you will explore your vocal instrument, and enhance your onstage skills both as an individual and as a member of the ArtsFest 2015 ensemble. Under the guidance of your Artist in Residence, you will be challenged to learn a variety of songs for the ArtsFest Showcase for your peers from JCC Maccabi Games and ArtsFest—the grand finale of JCC Maccabi.
Audition Requirements – Vocal Music/Glee 2015
What are we looking for?
- A passion and enjoyment for approaching and performing music
- A curiosity about various styles and a desire to experience new music
- Risk-takers who are ready to work on vocal projection and performance skills
- People who enjoy being part of a team
- Experience in at least two of the following: Solo performance; Ensemble or choir performance; Onstage experience…singing, dancing, or acting
- Have the ability to hold pitch while singing harmony with others
- Be able to follow a basic chart, or to read music
In addition to answering the questions below, you must submit a video sample of your work. Please record a video of yourself singing a song of your choice a cappella or with accompaniment, either from a pianist or a karaoke tape or CD.
Please answer the following questions in the text boxes provided on the application.
- Tell us briefly about your experiences in music at school, home, and in workshops/classes.
- How do you wish to further your work/skills in music while at ArtsFest?
- Why do you want to participate in JCC Maccabi ArtsFest?
- Tell us about the piece you chose and why you chose it.
- Anything else you would like us to know about you and your music skills?
- Please provide the link to your video audition.
* For basic instructions to upload a video to YouTube, please click here