Learn to express your inner voice with professional artists who will guide your creation of a series of projects for your personal portfolio. Collaborate and explore new mediums with your fellow artists using a variety of art materials to create original artworks that will be prominently displayed throughout the week and in a final exhibit for the ArtsFest Showcase for your peers from JCC Maccabi Games and ArtsFest—the grand finale of JCC Maccabi.
Audition Requirements – Visual Arts 2015
What are we looking for?
- Strong interest in visual arts with a desire and a passion to create
- Experience or confidence in drawing, painting, photography or other visual medium
- Have the ability to take work from conception to completion
- Be open to new experiences, such as taking your favorite form of art and learning a new concept to incorporate in a new and exciting masterpiece
- Appreciation for collaborative efforts in art
In addition to answering the questions below, you must submit samples of your work. Please record a video of yourself presenting two pieces from your portfolio and casually discussing each one, including an explanation of why the certain medium was used and if there was a specific thought or inspiration that motivated the work.
Please answer the following questions in the text boxes provided on the application.
- Tell us briefly your experiences in visual arts at school, home, and in workshops/classes.
- How do you wish to further your work/skills in visual arts while at ArtsFest?
- Why do you want to participate in JCC Maccabi ArtsFest?
- Anything else you would like us to know about you and your visual arts skills?
- Please provide the link to your video audition.
* For basic instructions to upload a video to YouTube, please click here
The program will culminate in the creation and sharing of a new work that will be part of the week’s final presentation and will be prominently displayed.