Star Reporters will be the official news outlet of the JCC Maccabi Games and Arts Fest. As a Star Reporter you will work with professionals to interview artists & athletes, coaches, Artists in Residence, host families, and everyone involved with the Games & ArtsFest. You will share the stories of Maccabi 2015 via blogs, twitter, newsletters, photography and video production. Star Reporters will work onscreen or behind the scenes to report the exciting news of each day, including the opportunity to be a narrator of the final ArtsFest Showcase for your peers from JCC Maccabi Games and ArtsFest—the grand finale of JCC Maccabi.
What are we looking for?
- A passion for writing, photography, social media, or TV whether it’s in front or behind the scenes
- Experience in one of the following: writing, blogging, social media, photography, TV/film production
- Interest in telling a good story
- Enthusiasm, curiosity and a desire to collaborate
Please answer the following questions in the text boxes provided on the application.
- Tell us your favorite way to share a story.
- Tell us briefly your experiences in journalism/broadcasting at school, home, and in workshops/classes.
- Show us your best tweet! In 140 characters or less, tell us why you want to participate in JCC Maccabi ArtsFest.
- Anything else you would like us to know about you and your journalism/broadcasting skills?
2015 Artist in Residence
Excitedly making his JCC Maccabi ArtsFest debut Alfredo is a 21 year veteran in the television industry in South Florida, and is currently in his 9th year teaching at Cooper City high school. He has earned 2 Emmy nominations and was honored as teacher of the year in 2011 by his peers. Alfredo’s advanced TV production class, better known as CTV, is nationally recognized as one of the top High School TV programs in the Nation. With Alfredo’s leadership, they have won several distinguished awards from the Florida Scholastic Press Association, District and National competitions and winning 2 first place and a third place Excellence award among others from the Student Television Network for their weekly news show.
Alfredo is still actively freelancing in the industry working on Lifetime channels shows with O2 Media Production and the Billboard awards and Premios Juventud at Telemundo Networks.