Star Reporters will be the official news outlet of the JCC Maccabi Games and Arts Fest. As a Star Reporter you will work with professionals to interview artists & athletes, coaches, Artists in Residence, host families, and everyone involved with the Games & ArtsFest. You will share the stories of Maccabi 2015 via blogs, twitter, newsletters, photography and video production. Star Reporters will work onscreen or behind the scenes to report the exciting news of each day, including the opportunity to be a narrator of the final ArtsFest Showcase for your peers from JCC Maccabi Games and ArtsFest—the grand finale of JCC Maccabi.
What are we looking for?
- A passion for writing, photography, social media, or TV whether it’s in front or behind the scenes
- Experience in one of the following: writing, blogging, social media, photography, TV/film production
- Interest in telling a good story
- Enthusiasm, curiosity and a desire to collaborate
Please answer the following questions in the text boxes provided on the application.
- Tell us your favorite way to share a story.
- Tell us briefly your experiences in journalism/broadcasting at school, home, and in workshops/classes.
- Show us your best tweet! In 140 characters or less, tell us why you want to participate in JCC Maccabi ArtsFest.
- Anything else you would like us to know about you and your journalism/broadcasting skills?
2016 Artist in Residence
Dave Ruden is the CEO of DRL Media and the editor of the Ruden Report, Fairfield County’s only all-sports website. Prior to founding The Ruden Report in 2013, Dave was a sportswriter at the Stamford Advocate for 20 years. In addition to working at ESPN and CBS Sports, he has worked as a freelance reporter for the New York Times and has written for several college basketball publications. Dave is currently a journalism adviser at Westhill High School in Stamford, and has worked in the same role at various Connecticut high schools for the past 15 years.
Dave is excited to join the JCC Maccabi ArtsFest Artist in Residence team in Stamford this summer, and looks forward to working with creative teens to cover all aspects of JCC Maccabi.