Star Reporters will be the official news outlet of the JCC Maccabi Games and Arts Fest. As a Star Reporter you will work with professionals to interview artists & athletes, coaches, Artists in Residence, host families, and everyone involved with the Games & ArtsFest. You will share the stories of Maccabi 2014 via blogs, twitter, newsletters, photography and video production. Star Reporters will work onscreen or behind the scenes to report the exciting news of each day, including the opportunity to be a narrator of the final ArtsFest Showcase for your peers from JCC Maccabi Games and ArtsFest—the grand finale of JCC Maccabi.
2014 Artist in Residence
Donald Harrison is an independent filmmaker, educator and media arts professional based in Ann Arbor, MI. He produces commercial films, music videos and documentaries through his production company, 7 Cylinders Studio. Harrison served as Executive Director of the Ann Arbor Film Festival from 2008–2012, expanding the organization’s audience, social media outreach, community partnerships, traveling tour and educational programming.
He has worked directly with youth and media education programs through the University of Michigan, Eastern Michigan University and The Neutral Zone in Ann Arbor. Harrison worked and studied at Film Arts Foundation (now part of the San Francisco Film Society) for five years and received a Bachelor of Arts in social psychology from the University of Michigan. He’s a competitive table tennis player and bowler, most recently carrying an average of 215.
What are we looking for?
- A passion for writing, photography, social media, or TV whether it’s in front or behind the scenes
- Experience in one of the following: writing, blogging, social media, photography, TV/film production
- Interest in telling a good story
- Enthusiasm, curiosity and a desire to collaborate
Please answer the following questions in the text boxes provided on the application.
- Tell us your favorite way to share a story.
- Tell us briefly your experiences in journalism/broadcasting at school, home, and in workshops/classes.
- Show us your best tweet! In 140 characters or less, tell us why you want to participate in JCC Maccabi ArtsFest.
- Anything else you would like us to know about you and your journalism/broadcasting skills?