Discover what really makes a band rock. Under the guidance of a professional musician, you will experience the art of songwriting, performance techniques, and the changing world of music. Working with your Artist in Residence you will form bands and learn what makes a band successful. Finish off your week by performing live at the ArtsFest Showcase for your peers from JCC Maccabi Games and ArtsFest—the grand finale of JCC Maccabi.
Audition Requirements – Rock Band 2017
What are we looking for?
- An intermediate level of instrumental proficiency on any of the following instruments:
- Guitar (electric or acoustic), bass, keyboard/piano, drums & percussion, trumpet, saxophone, trombone, cello, or violin
- Ability to read simple music notation, chords, chord charts, and rhythms and familiarity with simple popular music styles is desired
- Instrumentalists who double as vocalists are especially welcome
- An appreciation for various musical styles and genres and a willingness to try new musical experiences
- Experience playing in a small group setting
In addition to answering the questions below, you must also submit a video sample of your work. Please prepare a piece of your choice and record a video of yourself demonstrating your proficiency by playing any of the above-mentioned instruments. Vocalists can feel free to sing with their instrumental accompaniment.
Please answer the following questions in the text boxes provided on the application.
- Tell us briefly about your experiences in music at school, home, and in workshops/classes.
- How do you wish to further your work/skills in music while at ArtsFest?
- Why do you want to participate in JCC Maccabi ArtsFest?
- Tell us about the piece you chose and why you chose it.
- Please list your top three musical influences.
- Please provide the link to your video audition.
* For basic instructions to upload a video to YouTube, please click here