Working with professionals with Broadway experience, you will be challenged to master a variety of the best musical theatre pieces ever created. Working with the Musical Theater Artist in Residence, you will build an ensemble over the course of the week, as you develop your stage vocal technique, dance and movement skills as well as song interpretation. These choreographed musical numbers will then be performed for your peers at the ArtsFest Showcase—the grand finale of JCC Maccabi ArtsFest.
Audtion Requirements – Musical Theater 2015
What are we looking for?
- A strong desire and passion to focus on growth and improvement of acting and singing skills
- Passion for theater, and musical theater in particular
- The ability to follow simple choreography, some proficiency in singing
- A willingness to take positive risks onstage and be comfortable in front of an audience
- An ability to be a trusted member of a company or a team
- Participation in school/community/professional theater programs is desirable
In addition to answering the questions below, you must also submit a video sample of your work. Please record a 2-3 minute video of yourself performing a dramatic monologue and a song.
Please answer the following questions in the text boxes provided on the application.
- Tell us briefly your experiences in musical theater at school, home, and in workshops/classes.
- How do you wish to further your work/skills in music while at ArtsFest?
- Why do you want to participate in JCC Maccabi ArtsFest?
- Tell us about the piece you chose and why you chose it.
- Anything else you would like us to know about you and your musical theater skills?
- Please provide the link to your video audition.
* For basic instructions to upload a video to YouTube, please click here
Your 2015 Artist in Residence: COMING SOON!