Get in the groove. Explore world music and a multitude of jazz music genres from across the globe as part of the jazz ensemble/world music specialty. With an emphasis on ensemble-building, we will work to establish a strong sense of rhythm as we bridge cultures and musical traditions in a supportive and growth-oriented environment.
Audition Requirements -Jazz Ensemble/World Music 2016
What are we looking for?
- Basic instrumental proficiency on any of the following instruments: piano, bass, drums, guitar, percussion, saxophone, clarinet, trumpet, trombone, flute, harmonica, violin, or cello
- Good sense of rhythm, and sight reading skills
- Knowledge of and ability to play all major scales
- Basic knowledge of reading music, chord changes, and improvisation is helpful
- An appreciation for various musical styles and genres and a willingness to try new musical experiences
In addition to answering the questions below, you must also submit a video sample of your work. Please prepare a piece of your choice and record a video of yourself demonstrating your proficiency by playing any of the above-mentioned instruments. If you are comfortable with improvisation, please feel free to improvise over the melody for a short section of your piece.
Please answer the following questions in the text boxes provided on the application.
- Tell us briefly about your experiences in acting/improv at school, home, or in workshops/classes.
- How do you wish to further your work/skills in music while at ArtsFest?
- Why do you want to participate in JCC Maccabi ArtsFest?
- Tell us about the piece you chose and why you chose it.
- Anything else you would like us to know about you and your acting skills?
- Please provide the link to your video audition.
* For basic instructions to upload a video to YouTube, please click here