Culinary Arts specialists at JCC Maccabi ArtsFest will get into the kitchen with professional chefs and be engaged in every aspect of running a kitchen and preparing great food. From choosing the right ingredients and learning new cooking techniques, to understanding the history and culture behind food, you will learn how to plan a menu and understand the process of transforming raw ingredients into delicious dishes. Your culinary creations will be showcased, served and devoured at the Final ArtsFest Showcase for your peers from JCC Maccabi Games and ArtsFest—the grand finale of JCC Maccabi.
What are we looking for?
- A passion for cooking, including time and energy spent preparing and creating new dishes
- An interest in the global food market, grocery stores and shopping
- An appreciation for culinary arts, and what it takes to run a kitchen
- A passion for trying different foods, for experimenting with different and challenging ingredients and for creating different dishes
- Enthusiasm, curiosity about food and a desire to collaborate
- Some prior experience in the kitchen with knives and other cooking techniques such as slicing, dicing, baking, etc. would be helpful.
Your 2015 Special Guest Chef: COMING SOON!