Live From Ft. Lauderdale, it’s JCC Maccabi ArtsFest! In the Acting/Improv specialty, professional artists work with you to form an ensemble that will explore theatrical performance technique, process, and staging at a professional level. You will learn various traditions of improvisation and theater from slapstick comedy to monologue and scene work. You will be challenged to master your improvisational and acting pieces to be performed for your peers at the ArtsFest Showcase—the grand finale of JCC Maccabi ArtsFest.
Audition Requirements – Acting/Improv 2015
What are we looking for?
- A passion for acting and a strong desire to focus on growth and improvement of acting skills
- A willingness to take positive risks onstage
- An ability to be a trusted member of a company or a team
- Participation in school/community/professional theater training programs is recommended
In addition to answering the questions below, you must submit a video sample of your work. Please record a video of yourself performing a monologue no more than 90 seconds in length, contemporary or classical. The monologue must be from a play, not a film and not self-written. Be sure to state the name of the piece prior to performance. We will look for preparedness and some evidence of character choices.
Please answer the following questions in the text boxes provided on the application.
- Tell us briefly about your experiences in acting/improv at school, home, or in workshops/classes.
- Tell us briefly about your passion and desire for acting and your process.
- Why do you want to participate in JCC Maccabi ArtsFest?
- Tell us about the piece you chose and why you chose it.
- Anything else you would like us to know about you and your acting/improv skills?
- Please provide the link to your video audition.
* For basic instructions to upload a video to YouTube, please click here
2015 Artist in Residence: COMING SOON!